Most of the people that have the condition of hypothyroidism do so because they are lacking in natural minerals, vitamins, and trace elements that help their body to produce the thyroid hormone. Replacing the things that you do not have enough of will cause your thyroid to increase the amount of hormone it makes, as long as the thyroid is still functioning.
You need to see a doctor and confirm the condition of hypothyroidism before you begin a regimen of taking supplements to correct your condition. Once you know that your thyroid is not functioning correctly the doctor and your medical team can help you to come up with ways to improve your levels.
Please note that it takes time for the levels of thyroid hormone to be brought back up to normal, and then more time before your body responds to these normal levels. Do not get discouraged and stop treatment if you do not see improvements for several weeks. You can expect to see little or no changes for weeks and sometimes for months. Your doctor can help you determine when it is time to give up one treatment and try a different approach. Getting the proper nutrients from the foods you eat should never be one of the treatments you are willing to stop.
5 Best Natural Supplements for Hypothyroidism for Pregnant Women to Take
- Vitamin C is high on the list of supplements for pregnant women to take to help with their thyroid function. Vitamin C also helps the body to fight off colds.
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin A
5 Best Natural Supplements for Hypothyroidism for Increased Fertility
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
5 Best Natural Supplements for Hypothyroidism to Increase Libido
The iodine that is normally found in yogurt, cow milk, eggs, strawberries, radishes and mozzarella cheese is a critical trace element for the functions of the thyroid gland. As a matter of fact the thyroid gland is the only part of the body able to process iodine.
- Vitamin E
- Selenium Supplements
- B complex vitamins
- Vitamin C
5 Best Natural Supplements for Hypothyroidism to Prevent Weight Gain
- Vitamin B complex supplements that are fortified with B2, B3 and B6 are one of the most important supplements for hypothyroidism and weight loss because these vitamins help to build your energy levels up. They also help you to heal from wounds quicker. They help to stabilize your mood swings and they help your nervous system to work efficiently.
- Vitamin C like you get from oranges, lemons, and limes, will help you to have a thyroid gland that functions better. The vitamin c also helps the body to fight some types of infections and viruses.
- L-Phenylalanine is normally found in foods like beans, dairy products, and meats.
- Tyrosine can be major player in thyroid function. Increasing foods like eggs, cheese, poultry, fish, and seaweed will be a natural way to increase this amino acid.
- Iodine is critical to the thyroid and a deficiency in this trace element is the most frequent cause of hypothyroidism.